Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Long term memory loss

Which is worse, when you see someone and remember them from a previous meeting but they don't remember you? Or when they remember you but you wouldn't know them from a heifer's butt?

Today I went in for an interview for a part-time service drive cashiering position (same company I worked at before, different dealership). The manager was someone I'd been in a class with about a year ago. I immediately mentioned the class and how much fun I'd had in his group. He looked at me like I'd morphed into a two-headed turtle.

Nice way to start an interview.

Even though I lead an insular life, I'm very much a people person. The driving force behind my writing is the need to communicate with them on the most profound level of all, in the way I do it best. But way down deep I have to suspect there's a need for immortality too. After all, isn't that what all humans seek?

So it tends to take you down a peg when you discover you're less than memorable.

Not remembering someone else can be embarrassing. But being forgotten yourself is a bitch.

Which one is worse for you?

PS - Take a look at my updated website! New front page, new Teasers, reviews of Coffee, Tea or Lea? and a new pic of me! Winter Digital rules!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyn Cash said...

I promise you that I'll remember you, even if you don't fill out this thingie Kris tapped me with earlier today. (grin) And I have both long & short term memory problems, but some of us (you) are simply unforgettable. Blow him off. He could have at least have made you feel more comfortable.

Anyhoo...before you look at the rest - I read the other blog posts - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (And love the title!)

Three screen names that you've had: SighCo Sis, Clairol Impaired, & Lethal Mama

Three things you like about yourself: ability to bounce back, honesty, & loyalty

Three things you don't like about yourself: I’m out of shape, smoke, & am a tad self-righteous

Three parts of your heritage: Native American, Irish, & Dutch

Three things that scare you: amphibians, arachnoids, & assholes

Three of your everyday essentials: my diabetic meds, contact w/my son, and writing

Three things you are wearing right now: a towel, lip gloss, & a grin

Three of your favorite songs: Someone Like You, Claire d’lune, and Amazing Grace

Three things you want in a relationship: honesty, great sense of humor, & trust

Two truths and a lie: I’ve had an out of body experience, been to Italy, & worked with the FBI. (You didn’t specify what order, right?)

Three things you can't live without: my child, a good rationalization, & self-expression

Three places you want to go on vacation: Australia, St. Croix, & Alaska

Three things you just can't do: out-smart my kid, jog, or water ski

Three kids names: Bobby, Billy, Bubba (I do live in the Midwest)

Three things you want to do before you die: swim with the pink dolphins in Peru, be totally debt free, sell a film script to Clint Eastwood (inside joke, sorry)

Three celeb crushes: George Clooney, Keanu Reeves, Viggo Mortensen

Three of your favorite musicians: Harry Connick, Jr; Miles Davis; Phil Collins

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeals to you: eyes, hands, shoulders

Three of your favorite hobbies: genealogy, playing poker, reading

Three things you really want to do badly right now: see Lex, sell one particular book, & spend about $100,000 on “stuff”

Three careers you're considering/you've considered: was in pre-med a while, so I guess being a pediatrician; took the LSAT, so an attorney; and I wanted to be an archaeologist at one time

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy: like working on cars, enjoy baseball, & occasionally wanna just beat the shit out of someone

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl: I like teddy bears, the bling-bling, and I’m all about the spa thang.

Three people that I would like to see post this meme: Ann, X, Tanya S.A.W., & Douglas (EVIL GRIN - yeah, I know...that's 4)

November 03, 2005 11:27 PM  
Blogger Charlie Horse said...

Not remembering someone else is more embarassing. because sometimes i'll try to fake it in hope their name will come back to me and I end up never finding out their name and wondering all the while if they know I don't know their name!

November 10, 2005 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home