Monday, November 07, 2005

R U sElf Ac2aLiz'd?

I'm not one for hip buzzwords, but this one caught my attention. Popular author Jennifer Weiner was asked this question by a fan. It made me wonder.

According to Maslow, self-actualized people are characterized by:

1) being problem-focused.
2) incorporating an ongoing freshness of appreciation of life.
3) a concern about personal growth.
4) the ability to have peak experiences.

Let's see how I measure up in my quest for transcendence:

1) I prefer to say I'm more solution focused. Especially cold solutions. Ice cold and hops flavored. Does that count?
2) I regularly refresh my appreciation of life. Mainly through my mouth. With a hearty quaff of cold solution.
3) When one solutes too much, this can be a problem to focus on. Thus, I weigh myself every morning.
4) Only my vibrator knows for sure.

WuT AbOuT U?

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Ahhh Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs... I spent my first year of university writing about him and his theories.

According to Maslow himself, self-actualization is rarely achieved by people, because it would mean that you were perfectly happy with everything, and you didn't desire anything else.

I don't think I'm at that stage yet.

November 07, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Me either. I'd say I'm relatively close, though. Of course, the one big thing I still desire is something I have little or no control over.

I guess the Buddhists would tell me to release it. *gg*

November 08, 2005 7:05 AM  
Blogger Nienke Hinton said...

LOL!
Perfectly happy with everything? Is that even possible?
However, I do consider myself an optimist. Does that count?

November 08, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Lyn Cash said...

Well, I definitely am problem-focused...I generally create them. I'm fresh. I've an agenda on the personal growth. And I've had tons of valleys and peaks. So...hm.

November 08, 2005 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home