Saturday, December 31, 2005

An Extra Smoking Second

Did you all know today is going to be one second longer? Yeah. The earth is hurtling more slowly and messing with our technology. At some point, I think 6pm, all our computers and such will stop, drop and roll for exactly one second to make up for the lost time.

I plan to use my extra second to smoke.

As you all know, tomorrow begins the month-long smokeout and drought. I'm well prepared with detox potions, teas, juices, sugarless candies, bamboo shoots (not for sauteeing, for shoving underneath the fingernails when I want a smoke - hey, Pavlovian training).

I'm all excited about the prospect of a new, improved me and have also given myself a "tip jar" in which to put the all the extra money. This jar will be used for such treats as : TCA peels, Hyaluronic acid (which I still have to review here. It's amazing) and clothing from my favorite boutique. I'll also use it to take some sort of new exercise class. Maybe Tai Chi or Rex Kwando.

And that's it! Wish me luck. I wish you luck in your resolutions. Ain't it great that there's always a chance for a fresh start?

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Good for you! I wish you great luck with your smokeless resolution, Ann. Love the idea of the tip jar! But if I did that I’d probably end up treating myself to 5-pound boxes of Belgian chocolate…which would sort of defeat the purpose of my diet, I guess.

Happy New Year, sweetie!

January 01, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Bron said...

WTG on giving up the cancer-sticks! All the best for as smooth a ride as possible.

January 03, 2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home