Wednesday, March 22, 2006

AI: Throwing Up My Hands

The Contestants keep surprising me. It was a great idea to bring Barry Manilow in to coach them. What a difference it made! Like him or not, the man is a genius.

Unfortunately, I missed Mandisa. Her recap looked great though. In fact, all the recaps made everyone look better than I thought they did during their actual performances. I guess anyone can look good for thirty seconds.

Anyway, where to start, where to start.

Bucky was by far the worst performance of the evening. I don't care for him even when people think he's good. Buh bye, Buckster.

Chris was stunning. Wouldn't surprise me to hear his rendition of I Walk The Line on the radio. Soon. It was spectacular. I still don't think he has a winning stage presence, though. He's a real snooze to watch. But like Simon says, this is a singing competition.

Kevin. Talk about a dark horse. They don't come much blacker. I thought he did a wonderful job with his song. Barry's fine advice was showcased beautifully in this unlikely little package.

Lisa, hate to say it, but she's hasn't captivated me for a couple of weeks now. Her song was cute and her voice is lovely, but I thought there was something a little off about it.

Paris: I don't know why everyone thinks she's singing songs that are too old for her. Yeah, I guesss they are, but that's not a real judgement to me. She can do it. She can do anything. But again, she's a little robotic. Simon called her a wind-up bunny and I can see where he's coming from.

Ace. Sorry. Can't stand him. He might work for me as a girl.

Taylor: George Clooney, Jay Leno and Phil Donahue. Ahahahahahaha! *snort* *wheeze* Ryan nailed it there. What can I say, I love the guy. He's awesome. He took a totally boring song and breathed his special brand of life into it. Not his best night, but he'll bounce back. Loved his suit.

Kelly: if she never ad libs again it'll be too soon. I'm thoroughly sick of the golly gosh schtick. However, her performance rocked and she gets my vote for the best outfit of the night. Was it my imagination, or did her face look puffy?

Did I forget anyone? Oh yeah, Katharine. IMHO Simon missed the boat. She became a star last week.

Time for more coffee. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home