Friday, March 31, 2006

Shag Me

I had a shag haircut when I was in 6th grade. A real shag, not the pale imitation modified shag.



Back then, my face was too full of baby fat and my hair too fine and full of preteen oils for it all to work. The shag made my face look fatter and my hair look thinner and oilier. Not that a different haircut could've helped me much.

All that has changed. After all, my face has gotten bonier with age and my hair, now mostly grey under the blonde, has more body and bounce. Finally, after 3 decades of hair hatred, I can count on it to look good nearly every day. Which is more than I can say for my face. So I've been wanting a real shag for a long time now.

It would look kinda Keith Partridge, I thought,



or Jane Fonda,



or maybe just lame.

But be that as it may, today I got shagged.



I like it. Whaddya think?

9 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I love it girl! :-)

March 31, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Kris Starr said...

Oh, you stunning babe, you!

Love it -- you look absolutely fab, Ann! :)

March 31, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Charlene Teglia said...

Love it! And for some reason repeated use of the word "Shag" makes me want to say "Oh, be-have!"

March 31, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Dahling! You look positively mah-velous and eminently shagalicious! :-D

Kind of like a cross between Keith and Jane and your cute little 6th grade self, only a much better, new-and-improved successful-writer-of-erotic-romance version. ;-)

April 01, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

My original post got lost when my connection crashed last night.

You're groovy baby, but then I've always thought that about you. =)

I really like it!

April 01, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Senora Murcielago - you look beautiful

But then you always look beautiful to me - even when you spurned me so callously!

Your devoted Jokin Joaquin

Oh okay - You look great, love - but then you always do

Hugs

April 03, 2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hey, thanks, guys! I'm liking it but my hair is in shock. LOL. Hasn't been professionally cut in over a year and you know how it goes. Once it gets used to it, it'll be easier to manage.

Was that Jokin'??!!? You miserable bottom feeder. Where ya been?

April 03, 2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Anna Lucia said...

Hey, I LIKE that, Ann. Excellent. :-D

April 03, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger Bron said...

Looks great, Ann!

April 03, 2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home