Tuesday, April 11, 2006

DNA Pest

Picture yourself working in the Customer Service department of a DNA testing center. What sort of questions would you anticipate fielding on an average workday? I would imagine you'd expect to hear sad and tragic wonderings whether a man was the real father of his child. Maybe you'd talk to a few adoptees about health histories. Perhaps you'd explain to a young couple that accountability was not an inherited trait, that they must actually teach their child this rare and greatly prized behavior.

Those are a few things that might filter through the help desk on any given day.

However, this is not just any given day for the folks at GeneTree DNA Testing Center. Here's a brief sample of their email inbox today--

Hi!

What sort of test would you use if you wanted to establish that someone was human and not a space alien?

Thank you!

~A romantic fiction author


*twiddling thumbs*

I wonder why they haven't answered yet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Love that research :)

Bree

April 11, 2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

HEHE...It is a very good thing I was drinking water and not pepsi or my laptop may have been a tragic victim of my laughter.

:) Research is ohhhh so much fun.

Best,
Kiki

April 11, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

LMAO! Only you!

I left you a reply in my blog to your post. =)

I want pointers.

xx

April 11, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon Stacey said...

I keep checking back for the reply. *ggg*

April 12, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hey Shan! They answered today. I was getting kinda worried that they'd think it was too much of a joke, but they gave me two different tests to choose from!

So, for my first time venturing into the research world like that, it was a good experience! Makes me less nervous to do it again.

April 13, 2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home