Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Passings, Anniversaries, Rebirths

Today is the first anniversary of my brother's death, and this is about the time it happened, although I didn't find out until evening. Through too much experience, I've learned that the first anniversaries of such events usually mark a turning point in my grief process. I can no longer say "This time last year he did this or that, or even was." Because this time last year, he was dead.

So, as this day begins, I'll say my final farewells. All the books he advised me on are published. I don't know if I'll ever write about another airline professional again. It seems that chapter in my life has ended along with my brother's life.

However, a new one has begun. Those stories spawned new characters with fresh storylines that veered off into completely unexpected directions. And that, I think, is a metaphor for what life and death are meant to accomplish.

Godspeed, Robbie. You served us well.


But wait.You can't go out looking like that.


That's better!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyn Cash said...

Love the tribute. Hugs, my friend.

April 18, 2006 11:17 PM  
Blogger Kris Starr said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Know we're thinking of you, doll.

April 19, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Kris Starr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 19, 2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home