Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bamboozled

I know. I know. I haven't been around much. Before yesterday I had this urge to get my blurb for Out Of This World finished because I knew I'd be worthless today. Why did I know I'd be worthless today? Because yesterday I spent twelve hours guarding three young teenage girls at The Bamboozle--an annual punk rock music festival.

Oy.

Have you ever been a lab rat stuffed inside a powered up jet engine with 30,000 other rats, in an active landfill, with no place to sit down? No? Well you've certainly missed out.

By the time we needed to eat dinner, we didn't have to buy it. Every foodstuff imaginable was coating the ground. Every kind of drink bottle, too, many with liquid still inside. Drink bottles were also flying through the air like biological weapons, spraying unsuspecting festival goers and bashing them in the head. Child number one got hit in the eyeball.

It was all worth it in the end, though, because we got to hear countless boys in bands call us a bunch of motherfuckers and watch Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy spit water all over the audience.

So, all in all, a good time.

How was your Saturday?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

You are a brave, brave woman. Though I'd have probably loved half the bands there I just don't have the energy, hehe.

May 08, 2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home