Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Busted: a TMI moment

At The Bamboozle the other day, I happened to point out some Groupies to the children. We watched them for a few minutes, snickering over their breast jiggling and hair tossing. The guards were basically ignoring them and I don't know whether they ever made it backstage.

Today child number two comes into my room. She's brushing her teeth. Through the foam she says, "Do you remember those Groupies?"

I said, "Yes."

She said, "What exactly would they do to get backstage?"

I said, "Anything."

She said, "Sex?"

I said, "Yes."

She looked at me with that expression that begs for more. So I said, "Blow jobs."

She said, "Even to old men?"

I said, "To anyone."

She said, "What is that again?"

I said, "Sucking on a penis."

*horrified look*

She said, "Sorry, but I don't think I'd ever want to do that."

I said, "That's ok. You don't have to."

She said (drumroll please) "Have you ever done that?"

*silence*

"Have you?"

*helpless smirk*

From downstairs comes the shrill voice of child number one: "Folks, we all know the answer to that!"

I am sooooooo busted.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

OMG... eeeekkkkkk!! LOL How FUNNY was that? I love your honesty with your children.. I have that same exact relationship with mine. Why try to shelter them? They're gonna find out one way or another, might as well be from a reliable source. : )

May 11, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

LMFAO

I so don't want to have that conversation with my daughter--ever. But, your honesty proves that it is the 'best' policy. Good on you!

May 11, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Oh man, inside I was shitting myself. LOL. Yeah, in my house honesty and frankness rules. I'd be kidding myself if I thought they weren't already hearing this stuff from their friends, anyway. And as squicky as it is, I'd rather them know I gave a bj (or two ;) in a loving relationship than have them think it only belongs in the groupie or 90210 arena.

Can't wait to see what they ask me next =:0

May 11, 2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous valerie parv said...

You sound like you have a great relationship with your kids, Ann. And the comment from the wings shows you couldn't have lied to them anyway. They'd have fallen about laughing. Love your tagline, "Do the World with AWH." You rock, girlfriend.

Valerie

May 13, 2006 3:25 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hi Valerie! Wonderful to see you here! I sent you an email update but I don't think it went through. I have a prezzie for you but won't be able to mail it out until after RT.

If I rock, that means you do to. Afterall, we're the same person!

Love ya!

May 15, 2006 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home