Friday, May 19, 2006

Sneaking in For Some Downtime

This convention totally rocks! But man am I tired. A bone deep emotional kind of tired.

Last night at Heather Graham's fabu Vampires of The Caribbean bash an author friend who shall remain nameless (Kathy Love) goaded me into dancing inbetween a cover model and his groupie du jour. Good move or bad move? You decide.

I bumped his ass with mine, he bumped back, I bumped harder and then he charged. I don't remember everything that happened next, but all of a sudden I was slung over his shoulder like I weighed two ounces. He then proceeded to keep dancing with me hanging on for dear life. Kathy and my other so-called friends were peeing all over themselves and also trying to make sure I didn't slide off on my head. No one needed to worry, though, cuz this guy was solid.

It was like riding a freakin' bull.

So then he kinda flipped me around and I ended up taking a piggy back ride on his back. Heck. His hat was sitting right there on top of his head and in front of my face, so of course I'm gonna take it and swing it over my head and scream yeeeehaaaaaaaaaw! Wouldn't you?

So that was the highlight of my conference. Tonight I'm hiding in my room and reading Sylvia Day's awesome Bad Boys Ahoy. That woman can write! Tomorrow is the big booksigning and I know for a fact I've got at least two fans at this conference. I'm really looking forward to it!

Ack! 1130 already. I need my beauty rest!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

I hope to hell someone took lots of pictures of that!

May 22, 2006 1:14 AM  
Anonymous Jane/FabDame said...

Ride that bulldoggy cowgirl! ;-D

May 22, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

So far no pics have surfaced in anyone's blogs. I'm not sure if I feel happy or disappointed about that ;)

May 24, 2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home