Tuesday, June 06, 2006

When Writing is the Best Job in the World!

I spent the day orchestrating my favorite type of scene, hands down--one of those big ones where all the characters are talking at once but nobody knows what the hell is going on. Well, some of them do but they have to hide it from the others, and they make mistakes. Hilarious mistakes that make me laugh as I type.

I like to write love scenes, fer sure. But sometimes they're too hard to enjoy (no pun intended). There's too much remembering what goes where and when it's been there last, and too many metaphors and similes to create. And We won't even discuss transitions today. Uh uh. Ain't gonna go there.

So the pure joy of sitting back and writing the funny scenes, of f*cking with the characters' heads, of engineering the dialogue so that alot is said but little is understood (except by the reader) totally makes my day.

What's your favorite type of scene to write?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jane/FabDame said...

I want to read it NOW! You are the best at those scenes!

June 06, 2006 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Jane/FabDame said...

BTW - they love me in France!

June 06, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

*blushing*

So, the Frenchies are snapping up Dame Tissue? Not surprising given their excellent taste! Rock on, sistah.

June 06, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the funny scenes. The ones where the characters are squriming and reaching for another drink and ready to strangle whom (or what) ever is in front of them. Those. They are sarcastic, witty, fun, and just a ball of snark. Right up my alley.

Love scenes. Well. Um. I can't write erotica worth a damn, so I leave a lot to the imagination and the chapter break.

June 06, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home