Thursday, August 10, 2006

August Firsts

Thought I'd interrupt the cricket chorus in this blog to tell ya'll that this August has brought several 'firsts' for me so far.

1) Visited Lake George! I had no idea that before they discovered Lake Tahoe, it was considered to be the most beautiful lake in the world and attracted royalty from everywhere.

2) Ate blueberry softserve ice cream.

3) I saw a thoroughbred horse race in Saratoga. What impressed me most was how absolutely motionless the jockeys were in the saddle. On the far side of the track, it looked like they were gliding along the rail like mechanical rabbits. Amazing!

4) In a midlife moment, I got my tragi pierced. OUCH! Not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. They do it by hand and it's pretty violent. But worth it! I'm gonna buy a million cool little barbells and hoops to wear in it.

5) Rode a Belgian horse through a river. The water came up to his stomach! Found out that riding a horse through water is every bit as romantic as it looks. I command everyone to do this before they die. Preferably bareback and naked *gg*.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

This might show my totally green side, but what's a tragi? LOL Seriously... I've got no clue. I lead a sheltered life it seems. *G*

August 11, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Anne, I had no idea what it was either. And actually tragi is plural for tragus *gg*. It's that little nob of cartilage in the ear on the inside, close to your cheek, right where you insert the Q-tip.

Now that I have a little hoop there I feel like such a renegade. It's silly how a little thing like that can totally jazz you. Oh well. I'm easy *gg*

August 11, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Lyn Cash said...

Woman, were you HIGH?! - lol

*wink* Sounds kewl, actually. Next thing ya know, you'll crop your hair and punk it and get an arm band. Look out Billie Jean, Sheena E, and Drew Barrymore...cuz there's a new heller in town.

August 15, 2006 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Kris Starr said...

Ooo... you rebel, you! I'm so impressed!

I'm getting a bellybutton ring. Once my baby belly is gone, that is. And at the rate I'm going, it's probably going to be 2008.

But I'm still getting it.

Oh, and the tattoo, too. Once I figure out just what in hell I want. :D

August 15, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Shannon Stacey said...

Oh...the ear?

I had no idea what a tragi was, but my imagination was having a hell of a lot of fun with it.

I've done 1,2,3 and 5, though only the Belgian part and not the water.

And I wasn't naked.

August 17, 2006 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Heather *Rae* Scott said...

Owch.

I'm not that brave. You're my new hero.

It sounds like you've had a lot of fun this August. I'm envious of that too Although, we did go to the zoo and the wilds and I drove a go kart.

Missed reading your blog posts.

August 19, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

Blueberry soft serve? That's a new one!

I adore horses and especially the big ones. My dad raised me around horses.

August 21, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

I went immediately to m-w.com to look up tragi. Having met Ann, I imagined a completely different part of the body. *g*

Belgians are BIG and I bet very fun to ride through water, particularly if riding with someone else. *romantic sigh*

I love thoroughbred racing, even though I don't get to go in person these days, I used to regularly hit the track in the summer in Jersey.

August 23, 2006 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home