Friday, September 15, 2006

Fan Mail Fanatic

I have a folder of about fifty notes I've received from fans over the last year. This morning I added another note--someone who found me because a character in her dream told her my name and she followed up on it by Googling me. How cool is that? Except for the occasional murder spree, I love it when people heed the voices in their heads.

Fan mail is about the most wonderful thing on the planet. Someone taking the time to write because you touched them somehow. I've never received a note from anyone I touched negatively, but I think I'd like those too! At least I'd know I'd awakened passionate feelings.

These notes always seem to come precisely when needed. Perhaps alot of time has passed since I got a little pat on the head, perhaps something bad happened the day before, perhaps I was feeling underappreciated, or just plain tired of tapping keys all alone in my office all day, week after week. They always make my day and keep me going--often until the next note arrives.

So, if there's a writer out there you adore, take the time to contact them today. I can tell you from personal experience, you'll make a huge difference in their mood--even if they happen to be in a good one!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I adore you Ann... you inspired me and supported me when I was feeling down and out and ready to quit writing... For that, I give you my most sincere thanks, because had it not been for you being there at that exact moment in time, this story would never have evolved to what it is now. (((HUGS)))

September 17, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Aww Ann, thanks. I'd do it again, too! *gg*

September 18, 2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Desiree Erotique said...

Fans can send some odd things, but generally I think always makes one feel good when they contact.. means we've not been forgotten!

September 19, 2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home