Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mama's New Toy and Other Stuff

My computer arrived yesterday! Wow. I love it! What a difference more RAM makes. This little bugger blazes around the 'net. It's smaller than my old one, hence more portable and came with XP Pro, which I think makes it even faster to boot. Anyone else out there working with Pro?

Of course, it's arrival meant an entire afternoon and evening transfering files and re-downloading all the necessary software. But in between all that I got the chance to play on Billy Mernit's blog, Living The Romantic Comedy. He very kindly tolerated my stream-of-conscious babbling. If you haven't discovered Billy yet, breeze on over. You'll be glad you did!

In the paw-chewing arena of life, I submitted a copy of Out of This World to the two Ja(y)nes for review at Dear Author.com. Why did I do this to myself? I like their style and know that even if they hate it, I'll get solid reasons. I also love their devotion to e-books and the wealth of info they share about the available technology.

Guess that's it. Now it's off to find a roadmap of Fremont, WA. Gotta find a nice place for some of my characters to live!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Beaux said...

Hi -

I live in Fremont and would be happy to give you tips/info on the neighborhood.

October 06, 2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home