Sunday, October 08, 2006

Movin' on...down

Today I visited my dream house. Eighty-three years old, plaster walls, stone construction, old-growth trees, massive front porch (my future al fresco office), sunroom in back (my future inside office), wide hallways, large rooms (though, few of them) steam heat with iron radiators (Lord, do I love the whistle and clank of steam coming up through the pipes), three stories, wood floors in every room, walk to town.

Not only that, if we sold the house we're living in now, we could pay cash for this one, fix up the minor things it needs, and free up income to pay for college for the children.

It's a dream come true. Eternally overwhelmed by the size of the house I'm in, I've wanted to downsize for years. At the moment, I'm totally clogged with all the hoops we'd have to not only jump through, but clear cleanly, in order to rid ourselves of the house we're in right now--and all the uneeded stuff inside it. And will someone else snap up my dream house while I'm doing all that stuff?

*breathe*

But as God is my witness, I want that house. I've wanted that house my entire life.

What is your dream house? What does it look like, sound like? Where is it located and what amenities does it possess? Do you want to find it, or have you given up? Share your dreams here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jane/FabDame said...

2 or 3 bedroom adobe house in the bosque (nestled in the cottonwoods along the Rio Grande River valley), wood or saltillo tile floors, minimal fixtures and decor, walled flagstone or brick patios, xeriscaped with blooming plants/ flowers. That's where my mind retreats in hope.
PS - Go for it!

October 11, 2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home