Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Jumpin' on the bandwagon with thirteen weird/interesting things about me:

1. Every Sunday I boil up a bunch of beets and keep them in the fridge for snacks. Child number one and I lurv beets.

2. I always have to have some sort of beverage with me--even if just running a short errand. I feel unsafe without one. What if I get thirsty?

3. I'll take a side in an argument that I don't necessarily agree with in order to keep a good conversation going.

4. Although I write them, I don't read a whole mess of romance novels. I mostly read non-fiction books about history, crime, and war.

5. I've been known to howl in my sleep. Yes. Howl.

6. I flew around the world and only got off the plane twice--in Hong Kong and Bangkok. FabDame helped! Total flight time: about fifty hours and the cost was about the same ;)

7. In Bangkok, FabDame and I stayed in the Honey Hotel--a prostitute's paradise. No one bothered us and we were not insulted.

8. I've sat on the lions in front of the NY Public Library, and the lions in Trafalgar Square.

9. I made friends with a baby killer whale in Marineland, Niagara Falls and for the whole day, with hundreds of visitors, she'd allow only me to pet her and play with her. She died shortly after. I don't think there's a connection there, though.

I'll always wonder what it was that she saw in me.

10. I had a freaky eye-infection when I was seven and the doctors thought I might die. I didn't.

11. Though my father was actually quite wealthy, he raised us as if we were poor. I'm thankful for that (seriously).

12. Both my grandmothers went to college!

13. For oh, about twenty-five years, I was deathly afraid of people. I hid it well enough for my sister-in-law to say: "She'd walk into Hell with a bucket of water." Nowadays, that's probably true.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Nice list! It's always interesting to find out things about people we never would have guessed!

October 19, 2006 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

Ann,

Interesting site... You seem to be a "WRITIN' FOOL" there.

Found out you were linking to me so I thought I would return the favor...

Thanks!

Unk

October 19, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hi Toni Lea--I agree. I always read other people's thirteens. Thanks for stopping in!

Hi Unk! I'm not sure which part is dominant--the WRITIN' or the FOOL--but I guess the two go hand in hand ;)

I was surprised and pleased to see you here. I've enjoyed yours and Billy's blogs, as well as a few other screenwriting blogs and wanted to make them available to my visitors. Thank you for stopping in and thanks for the reciprocal link!

October 20, 2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

I'll be back...

Unk

October 20, 2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home