Thursday, November 09, 2006


Ann's Thirteen Favorite Sights


1) commercial jets landing or taking off (I know, I'm such a geek about flying--but really, what else have humans done that they're completely and utterly not equipped for?)

2) the Earth getting closer as you come in for a landing.

3) that picture of the Earth taken from outer space all those years ago.

(I'm seeing a pattern here ;)--well, at least it's not all raindrops on roses)

4) Secretariat winning the Belmont Stakes: pic one and pic two (fascinating fact: during his autopsy they discovered his heart was 2-3x larger than normal for horses. Can you say "born to run?")

5) Vespas

6) Sun on wet asphalt after the rain

7) Renovated Art Deco movie theatres

8) Carousels!

9) Passport stamps

10) Old, old cemetaries

11) The York Minster

12) Wooden escalators at Macys NYC (good) and in some London tube stations (better, but I can't find a pic *sob*)

13) My daughter being goofy.


pretzel girl

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
http://www.heatherraescott.com/blog/


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

I love how rain smells on the asphalt in the summer. Miss seeing the wooden escalators in London, I thought they were the neatest things in the world.

When I was in the AF, I used to love to watch the F16's come in and take off, see the red fire coming out the back. Loved watching all the planes and feeling the rumble under my feet because we were so close to the runway.

And I'm lmao @ the picture of pretzel girl. Ouch!

November 09, 2006 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic!!!!!!!

November 12, 2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home