Thursday, November 02, 2006


Ann's Thirteen Favorite Sounds


1) Rolling thunder

2) Jet engines revving

3) Church bells

4) A muezzin, at dawn, in Jerusalem

5) A distant steam locomotive

6) The echoing hush of a cathedral

7) A well-tuned piano

8) Bowling balls rolling down an alley and hitting wooden pins

9) Sails unfurling and catching the wind

10) Sleigh bells

11) Foghorns

12) African drumbeats

13) The double brrring of a British telephone

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1.http://ktcatspost.blogspot.com/
2.http://www.heatherraescott.com/blog/


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger K T Cat said...

How about purring?

:-)

My TT is up.

November 02, 2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

Love a lot of these sounds too! Although since there's a train that goes hourly sometimes sooner right near my house...the steam loco might not do it for me so much. '-)

Never heard a muezzin. I'm assuming its a bird.

xx

PS, I joined the TT pahty

November 02, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

K t cat, purring is a good one!

Rae, the muezzin is a rather unpopular bird at the moment *gg*. He's a man who calls the moslems to prayer from atop a minoret. It's a haunting, beautiful song--esp. at sunrise in an ancient city.

November 02, 2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

I'm in New Mexico at the moment and it seems that everywhere I go, there's DOVES cooing like crazy.

At first I hated it...

Now?

Pretty soothing actually.

Unk

November 02, 2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Uh oh, Unk. Don't let my sister, Fabric Dame know you're in NM. She might get jealous. She's stuck in Kansas right now and, well, you know. There's no place like home.

I spent every summer of my young life in Clovis. Have you been to that Mecca of the west yet? (actually, I *heart* Clovis)

November 02, 2006 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

I did check Clovis out... So far I've been here for almost a month and I've been just about everywhere.

Even the Gila Wilderness... Saw wolf prints but no wolf.

Awesome country.

Unk

November 03, 2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

You won't get an argument here. My grandparents settled the New Mexico Territory in 1909, my grandfather off a mule train from Oklahoma, and my grandmother living in sod bunkers with her fam.

My mother grew up there and my grandparents became respected business-owners in Clovis. They lived on Mitchell Street--right in town--and my sister and I spent our summers scrounging the alleys for scraps of carpet and weird reptiles. At that time, the '60s, mainstream US culture still didn't realize NM was even a state. Everyone thought we summered in Mexico.

It's a fabulous State. I love it. Where are you based, ABQ? Santa Fe? Clines Corners? LOL.

November 05, 2006 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home