Sunday, December 31, 2006

Roger Waters, Bill Murray, MySpace and Me

So I caved and joined the millions on MySpace. I figure if everyone else is on there, why not me? It'll give me exposure, another place to procrastinate, and new friends across the globe. How could I go wrong?

But wait, Daisy Dexter Dobbs has 800+ friends. I have, um, none. Fall Out Boy has 1.5 million friends. I have, um, none. And God only knows how many friends Frank from down-the-street has--but I can be sure it's more than I do. Because I have, um, none.

The last three days have been spent in linking and clicking and unabashed begging. Will you be my friend? I feel sorta like Meredith Grey begging McDreamy to pick her. In short, I've been transported back to High School.

What a great way to start the new year.

Despondency was setting in until this morning when Roger Waters accepted my invitation to be friends. So did Bill Murray. Nevermind that they accepted 76 other people today, they accepted me! I feel like the coolest kid on the planet. Sure they might really be unwashed men in torn T-shirts, smoking stogies and scratching their balls as they gleefully sign-up to be Richard Gere on MySpace. But hey, can 135,678 people really be wrong?

Don't answer that.

Happy 2007 to all my friends, new or not, famous or not. Even you--the stogie smokin' Roger Waters Impersonator. May all your fantasies come true!

3 Comments:

Anonymous FabDame said...

Rome wasn't built in a day! Soon you'll be turning them away... Happy New Year! Love, your Sis (contemplating a Fab Dame My Space of her own...)

December 31, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Naturally those 800+ individuals are all close, personal friends of mine. ;-)

January 01, 2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Bianca D'Arc said...

Speaking as one of Daisy's 800+ friends, I'd be happy to be your friend too. :-D

January 01, 2007 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home