Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blithering Fangirl

It's been quite a while since I had a blithering fangirl moment. And I mean a looooong while. I've seen lots of movies in my life. They vie with books for my favorite form of entertainment. But I have to say the last ten years have been a dry spell for me. There hasn't been a movie I couldn't find at least a small flaw in, no matter how hard I tried, or how badly I wanted to. It'd gotten to the point where the girls hated to see a movie with me. And I couldn't blame them.

Tonight I saw the perfect movie. Perfect. And I'm sitting here in shock, feeling that good ole movie high. My heart she is a-pounding. What is this movie, you might ask.

THE DEPARTED.

Oh. My. Freaking. GOD.

The story was utterly flawless, utterly shocking, utterly surprising and monumentally acted. And you know what else? It was TRUE. None of this mamby pamby Hollywood feel good stuff. It never descended to that--not even at the end when it looked as if the bad guy would get away. Because even that would be too cliched. This movie ended in the only way it could. Score a giant one for Scorsese.

The men? Holy crap. All of them held their own against Nicholson. There wasn't one performance that stood out, not one that over-shadowed another (even down to the bit parts) not one that even had a lukewarm scene. These guys were on fire. I can still smell the testosterone. Perhaps that's why when I open my mouth, nothing but bleeblebleeblebleeble comes out. I'm in freakin' awe.

The woman was one of those who isn't typically pretty, yet you can't take your eyes off her. Magnetic. Just like the men.

bleeblebleeblebleeblebleeble.

That's me.

Go. See. This. MOVIE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Very well put ... Mr. Scorsese's movie was certainly the most entertaining of the year, filled with great performances .. I was most impressed with how he was able to take his Mean Streets and transport them from New York/New Jersey to South Boston without skipping a beat

January 07, 2007 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home