Sunday, January 21, 2007

Character Sketch

I don't consciously envision an actual person when I'm writing my heroes. Alot of writers do, and have web pages devoted to pics of their characters. However, in Coffee, Tea or Lea? I had the idea Coop looked vaguely like Faramir in LOTR.



For Layover and Miss Behavior I had no clue at all. But Arnie, from Out of This World had a strong resemblance to the beautiful Leonard Whiting, who played Romeo in the Zeffirelli version.



And the other day it occurred to me that the hero in A Lick and A Promise looks alot like Mr. Romance 2005, Andrei Claude.





Isn't he yummy? I met him last year at RT, neener neener.

So, I guess I use real life men more than I thought. What about you as a writer or reader? Do you slip real life men into your romance novels? If so, who?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Neener, neener. Heh. :)

I see my stories in my head like movie, so I always cast my characters. Hero and heroine. Then I print out pics and tack them to the board for inspiration. Current stars of my 'Evie' series... Meg Ryan as Evie Parish, Gerard Butler as Arch Duvall, and George Clooney as Milo Beckett. Yum. :)

January 22, 2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Whoa. I'd never seen Gerard Butler before. Hubba hubba! And George is a heart-pounder in anything. Good choices Beth. No wonder you love to write pages and pages and pages...

January 23, 2007 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home