Monday, February 19, 2007

Make Way

Last night the children and I finally finished season two of Grey's Anatomy. Any show that can lure me away from my computer like that one did is a winner. But it wasn't just the show luring me. Slowly, over the season, my cold, black heart was won by one of the characters.

I generally don't develop crushes on celebrities. Not for lack of trying, God knows. But slick, pretty looks just don't do it for me. I guess there's something too vague about them, too iconic and too unattainable. At heart I'm a practical girl. If I like someone I want some hope of getting him--no matter how unrealistic it might be. So, I've always preferred real life men for my crushes.

That time has come to an end.

Yes. I've joined the legions of Jeffrey Dean Morgan fangirls. Told the children to stand back, hands off. They have our tortured little friend, Pete Wentz. This guy is mine. MINE! So, in celebration of this man's feat, I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce ya'll to my next TEN heroes. If any face is worthy, it's this one.

I know there are more of you fangirls out there. Lurking. You can come in without worrying I'll scratch your eyes out. Is this guy romance hero material or what? If you could pick a celebrity to read or write your next ten books about, who would it be?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

I fell in love with this show as a whole. But yes, Denny pulls at your heart strings like no other. There's just something about him.

As for McDreamy, I loved Patrick Dempsey when he was playing the geek in 80's movies. This past week, I fell a little harder for him.

I guess, one of these days, I want to write those kinds of stories, the ones that suck a reader in and hold them captive page after page, just like the writers on Grey's do.

Can't wait to see the rest of the heroes.

xx

February 19, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Erm, Rae, ole JD is the rest of the heroes *gg*. Then again, I could just say he's Gage from Miss Behavior and call it even. He fits the profile nicely.

I feel the same way about the writing on Grey's.

February 19, 2007 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Barbara B. said...

Yeah that is a great looking man. Never seen or heard of him before now, though. What a rarity these days. Handsome without being pretty. Looks like a man and not a boy. Very nice.

February 20, 2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Barbara, I'm having trouble coming into my own blog because of that pic. Too much distraction ain't good for biz, ya know?

Your comment describes his appeal perfectly. Thanks for stopping by!

February 20, 2007 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home