Friday, February 09, 2007

Why The Pen is Mighty

This always happens. The minute I announce a break from blogging I think up a meaty topic. Why oh why?

Anyway, here's one for ya'll to chew on while I'm gone: Give us a quote from a book--yes, a book. Not from the Quotable Quotes section of Reader's Digest--that's had the longest or most profound affect on your life.

Here's mine from To Kill A Mockingbird: It's not time to worry. ~Atticus Finch

I read this for the first time at thirteen (Jem's age!) and throughout my life since then, that quote has given me peace, stability and direction. It's helped me judge not only when to worry, but what's worth worrying about as well. Many times it's saved me from becoming a neurotic fool and I use it on the children all the time.

Next!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

Really and truly needed that quote today.

My brain hurts, so I can't think of a quote from any particular book that slammed me upside the head and said, this is the one for you--again, brain fried right now so I'm sure after I post this, I'll know or remember.

By the way, you have been tagged because Melanie made me do it. You have to jump to my blog to find out what you've been tagged to do--I didn't make the dumb rules.

February 12, 2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home