Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Crap-o-meter of My Discontent

This is a crap-o-meter.



See how the crap-o-meter fills with red liquid?

That liquid is the angst and despair bleeding out of my ears.

Why angst? Because the book isn't quite done.
Why despair? Because it's total, 100% crap.

It's crap people. It's crap! It wasn't supposed to become crap until it was done. Now I can't even depend on my most reliable barometer of doneness. PLUS, I have to write a whole LOVE SCENE in a book I can't stand anymore.

And my car is iced in two feet deep. AND I can't hack at the ice because I need my typing arm.

Why, why oh why! Woe is me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Is this the same book you were so excited about just a few days ago? Why the angst? I'm SURE it doesn't suck... and I SO know how you feel about having to work on a book you're sick of. Try having to work on a book for over a year and a half.. ACK. ((HUGS)) It. Does. Not. Suck.

March 18, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

See, Anne, that's my wacky process though. If I don't think it's crap then the book can't be done. Conversely, if I do think it's crap, I *am* done. It's how I know.

Everything's been effed up now because it's NOT done, but I still think it's crap.

Make sense? Thought not.

*gg*

Goes to show, you can't rely on the exact same process for every book. Thanks for holding my hand as I go quietly insane, though.

March 18, 2007 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Jane/FabDame said...

Sounds like labor's almost over - it's always most intense before delivery PUSH!

March 18, 2007 6:14 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hmm. Transition. When you lose all confidence in yourself and your body's ability to push a hippo out of an eye socket. Works for me!

March 18, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger THIS! Christine said...

Ahem.
It is NOT crap. I don't waste my time on crap!

X

March 19, 2007 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home