Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Final Approach

Here's a fun movie I stole from Mystery Man. Funnily enough, a similar thing happened several years ago on a highway paralleling Dallas/Fort Worth's runway. There were T-storms in the area, and wicked downdrafts. A Delta flight got caught in one upon landing.

So this guy, tooling along, looks in his rearview mirror and sees a big ass wheel. I can't even imagine what that did to his insides -- emptied them, probably. It thumped his roof, bounced back into the air, then surged ahead and smashed down on the car in front of him.

Moral of the story -- don't drive on roads that parallel runways during T-storms ;)

Anyway, here's the movie:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

Depending on the wind patterns, sometimes when you are driving on the George Washington Parkway near National Airport, a plane will come right over your car with about 10 feet to spare. The 1st time this happened to me, I almost ran off the road. Luckily, most of the approaches are north and south and my car stays on the road.

September 18, 2007 5:18 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Isn't that scary? A similar thing happened to me at Newark airport. The long term parking lot is at the end of the runway. I was loading my bag in the trunk when this plane roared overhead and nearly scalped me.

September 18, 2007 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home