Friday, April 20, 2007

The Sexiest Cast

So those loveable folks from Gray's Anatomy have been voted the sexiest cast. The children and I agreed wholeheartedly with this assessment and then, as is our wont, analyzed the reason.

They look normal.

Here, at last, are TV people who look grubby, tired, puffy, unwashed. With dark roots, smudged makeup, chapped lips, globs of fat under-the-chin and all. Sometimes they look downright awful. Often, their behavior matches their looks.

Just like us!

Flaws are the new pink. But even better, flaws are sexy.

Yeah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stella said...

I think Sara Ramirez (Callie) is one of the two sexiest women on that show and she is definitely more plus size than Hollywood usually acknowledges as beautiful.

I didn't doubt for a second that Dr. McSteamy crawled off his bar stool last season and followed her home for a night of wild lovin'.

April 21, 2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger Lyn Cash said...

I've only recently discovered this show - I just don't watch much tv, but have to agree with the kids. (We should listen to our kids more often anyway - lol.)

April 21, 2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Mary, I'm very much enjoying the slow return to women looking like women in Hollywood. Kate Winslet started it all and it's great. I think men love it too!

At my fencing club, the men were always getting on my case for losing too much weight. Made me realize that men have a completely different idea of "fat" than women do, and are FAR more forgiving. It's about time women caught up with that radical idea *gg*.

April 22, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Lyn--I learn something from mine every freakin' day. LOL.

April 22, 2007 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home