Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tagged By The Unknown

Unk tagged me to spill five things you might not know about me. Bastard.

Here goes:

1) I speak Teenese. Yes. I know. Hold the applause. Like puppies and pussies love Unk (see, I got my dirty comment in) teens love me. Even my own!

2) I collect vintage airline memorabilia. I have silverware from the 40s-60s, tote bags from the 40s-80s, and various assorted glassware, blankets, doodads and gagas. Love the stuff. Use it too!

3) Back around 1970 I flew to Fairbanks, Alaska with my dad. He was a Pan American pilot. In those days PAA wasn't allowed to transport passengers within the continental US, so I had the entire 707 to myself. We followed the sun across the sky and the stewardesses treated me like a goddess. It was great.

4) I have degrees in Anthropology, Museum Studies and Hydrology. I wanted to be Indiana Jones, but wound up writing erotic romance novels. Go figure.

5) I gave birth to child number two at home, with a midwife. No drugs. No hope of drugs. Went into hard backlabor at midnight and stayed there for twelve frickin' hours. Got down on all fours, rocked like a wild animal, and pushed her out while kneeling beside my bed--nine pounds, four ounces. Hurt like the dickens. But, it was the most empowering event of my life. I am now one kick-ass muthah.

Later, I delivered the placenta into a Farberware skillet, proving women can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan.

I'm not tagging anyone cuz, well, I like my friends.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

"Got down on all fours, rocked like a wild animal, and pushed her out while kneeling beside my bed--nine pounds, four ounces."

May I quote you?

Unkh

April 12, 2007 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

Geez... You made me ad an "h" to my name?

LOL.

Thanks for playin'...

Unk

April 12, 2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

You may quote me, h'unk.

Is that "h" better placed? *gg*

April 12, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

I pleaded for a bullet. It's official. I'm a man.

April 12, 2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Why are you a man, MaryAn? Because your placenta didn't flop out in time for dindin?

BTW, I can't get the image of those Wisconsin men sniffing you out of my head. You certainly do write visually. LOL.

April 12, 2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger The Moviequill said...

hey, I sell vintage advertising and I have some old Pan Am and airlines ads around?

April 13, 2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Coolio! Do you sell them on eBay? That's where I get all my stuff and it's such a bargain I have to keep myself in check.

Have to say I don't do paper and ads, etc. My practical nature forbids me from collecting anything I can't actually use. But I've seen some of those old airline ads and have been very tempted. I used to regularly post vintage posters on this blog. They're so evocative they're almost painful to me. LOL. I'm pathetically nostalgic when it comes to that stuff.

April 13, 2007 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

MaryAn,

"I pleaded for a bullet. It's official. I'm a man."

Ouch.

Ann,

We're gonna have to play SCRABBLE sometime...

Unk

April 13, 2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Anytime you're ready to get your ass whupped, Unkalish. Bring. It. On.

Hey, you're not THAT far from Houston...

April 14, 2007 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home