Wednesday, June 20, 2007

P-P-P-Pressure!

I made it to round three of the Samhain Best First Line contest!

Like I need this pressure? Gah. I'm normally not a competitive person -- especially when it comes to the subjectiveness of writing. Been in the biz waaaay too long for that nonsense. But in this case I wanna go the distance! Wah! I wanna! My pride's at stake here.

Why oh why do I do this to myself.

Here's my first, second and third entry.

“The dog shoplifts.”

Sandra Morton eyeballed the German Shepherd sitting on the sidewalk outside her house — a glossy black-and-tan, big-boned beauty and, according to Seeing Eye liaison Tom Crane, a terminal kleptomaniac.

Tom shifted his weight from foot to foot precisely twenty times and pleaded, “Don’t say you can’t cure him.”


In other news, I've cleaned house a little here and added some new content! Please take note of my cool new widget! I get alot of international visitors and thought it'd be fun to start keeping a geographical record.

Dummy me had no idea MySpace profile was set to private. I'm normally not a technofool. Honest! So, now it's accessible for interested parties.

Lastly, I'm doing some booksignings in August with a few other EC authors. Take a look at the Special Events section in the sidebar and mark your calendar!

6 Comments:

Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

You go Girl! In my most humble and honest opinion - yours is de best.
:)

June 20, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Aw shucks! Thanks, sis. This book ought to be really fun to write. If only I could get off my lazy ass.

June 20, 2007 9:41 PM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

Mmmn...summer is lazy ass time. If it makes you feel any better, you could pretend to get started, but really start in the fall. (Works for me)

June 21, 2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Lyn Cash said...

whoo-hooooo! congratulations!

June 22, 2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger Kate R said...

that's YOU? Well of course you'll win or at least of course that book will get published...somewhere.

Why'd I think you were a Samhainian already? Huh.

June 23, 2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hey Jane, that works for me too! Hehe.

Lyn, thanks gorgeous!

Kate, yeah, c'est moi.I have no idea why you thought I was a Samhainian, but then, I have no idea why you think most of the things you think ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence and where the hell have you been? I missed ya!

June 23, 2007 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home