Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rendezvous

So today I had lunch with the fabulous Cris Anson. We've been meeting once a month in different local towns to eat, see the sights and talk author matters. Can't tell you how wonderful this face time has been.

Today she took a special interest in my proposed shapeshifter series, of which my Samhain Best First Line entry is a part. I'd give you a synopsis, but it's still in the Top Secret folder of my writer files. Hehe. I will tell you that it's a departure from erotic romance comedy, leaning more into Urban Fantasy with romantic elements. I'm extremely excited about it!

Anyway, she politely listened to my plot arc, promptly found the holes and brainstormed until we'd achieved a tight premise. Then she swore to ride my ass until I got the thing written.

It truly is the best gift an author can give another author--a piece of her mind! Thanks Cris!

Have you lunched with your author friends lately? What did you learn?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marissa Scott said...

I haven't lunched with any of them because they all live way too far away, but I do brainstorm with them over the phone and online. I just brainstormed part of my witches series (four books)... yes, I'll be delving into the paranormal. Amazing, huh? It will be quirky with drama and suspense as well.

I'm glad you got your plot issues worked out. I know when we talked how you said you love this series, so good luck, hon!

June 24, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

OH, so little Miss Contemporary got seduced to the paranormal side, eh? Hehe. Once you get a taste of it, it's hard to go back...

June 24, 2007 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home