Monday, June 25, 2007

Round Four!

I made it to round four of the Samhain Best First Line Contest! This is so Idol!

"The dog shoplifts."

Sandra Morton eyeballed the German Shepherd sitting on the sidewalk outside her house -- a glossy black-and-tan, big-boned beauty and, according to Seeing Eye liaison Tom Crane, a terminal kleptomaniac.

Tom shifted his weight from foot to foot precisely twenty times and pleaded, "Don't say you can't cure him."

Over the past several months, her Powwower's empathy had already alerted Sandra that in the revitalizing neighborhoods of Philadelphia and beyond, anxiety disorders were the new black.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stella said...

OMG, I love that line: Anxiety disorders were the new black.

That's terrific!

June 25, 2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Heeheehee. Thanks Mary. I couldn't resist.

June 25, 2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

Ann, I don't have to tell you how proud WoW is of you.
And, Mary, I didn't know you knew Ann. I swear this Publishing Universe is really teeny-tiny.
Liz

June 26, 2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

You guys WoW me too! And yeah, we get lulled into thinking it's an enormous world because we're so immersed in it. But instead of six degrees of separation, I'm willing to bet there's only one or two, if that. It seems more like a half-degree most of the time.

June 26, 2007 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home