Monday, August 27, 2007

Getting Rooked in Saratoga

Last year when we went to Saratoga, child number one, her friend, and I got our tragi pierced.


Apparently this was a powerful bonding experience, because this year friend number one and I got our rooks pierced.

Ouchie. My ring is thicker and larger than this one. It's bruised. But the Totally Hot Piercing Guy complimented me by saying I had a nice, well-developed rook. There was even room for another ring, if I wanted one. I got all tingly inside.

It's an interesting phenomena, to sit there with a gaggle of cackling girls and let someone punch a hole in your body. We joke and laugh and describe the sensations to each other. I went first, child number one went second, and then there was a pause while friend number one decided what she wanted and filled out the paperwork. When it came time to enter the surgical room, Totally Hot Piercing Guy waved his hand and said, "Are you all coming in there again?" He'd gotten totally wrapped up in the party atmosphere too.

You might be wondering how child number one joined in this ritual bonding experience.


Yeah, yeah. I swore I wouldn't let her but you know what? Life is too short to live without a belly button ring. Totally Hot Piercing Guy did such a great job, it looks like she was born with it. Next year, I'm all over that.

Friends who prick together, stick together! How was your weekend?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

Oh God! You are a lot braver than I am. It took me years (and I mean years)to get my earlobes pierced. When I finally got up the nerve to do it, it happened on the spur of the moment. I'm not sorry I did it as the earrings for pierced ears are a lot nicer than the ones for plain ole ears. Still, I can think of better ways to get "pricked"!

August 27, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

So can I, LOL!

August 27, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Renee' said...

Next you will have to move on to getting Inked! Now that is an area you can be more creative with. Nothing like the feel of little Pricks that can last for an hour or more! It is one of the few times little pricks will leave a lasting impression.

Probably the same bunch of people to hang with, just a little more colorful.....teeheehee

Renee'

August 27, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Renee, the key is that there's alot of little pricks. Sometimes quantity wins, ya know?

Actually I would've gotten a tat but I left the pic at home and they were booked solid. I want a feather quill pen on my ankle. Maybe after the belly button ring...

August 27, 2007 10:05 PM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

Oh nice precedent you've set (with child no 1). Court is now in session for (my) child no 3! (Well not quite yet - but I can feel it coming).

August 27, 2007 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Kris Starr said...

Ooo! You crazy woman, you! I love Child One's bellybutton ring. I *so* want to do that, too... it looks awesome!

August 27, 2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Jane, hehe. Yeah, I know. But something happens to me when I walk into that joint. It's like when Rose morphs into the biker chick in the comic strip. Can't seem to help myself. Luckily, it's 200 miles away.

Kris -- that's a beeootiful belly button ring, but it ain't hers. It's just a generic pic I swiped off the 'net. Child number one has a glittery, but small utility ring until the skin heals. Then she can get some serious bling.

There's more skin between her two holes and it looks much nicer than this pic. Something for you to consider when you get yours! I want one because it'll hide my pregnancy pucker ;)

August 27, 2007 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home