Tuesday, September 11, 2007

JERR Gives A Lick and A Promise 5 stars!!

I think I deserve a six pack for this, don't you?

Title: A Lick and A Promise
Author: Ann Wesley Hardin
Publisher: Ellora's Cave Publishing
Publisher URL: www.ellorascave.com
Reviewer: Marcy Arbitman
Rating: 5 Stars
Heat level: O

Dove Hansen is terribly concerned about the safety of her young charge. Finishing her day as a nanny, she heard a bizarre noise and found a gorgeous hunk of a man in the bushes. Although Dove has been having imaginary sex nightly with an anonymous dream lover, Mark also attracts her. She can't decide whether she wants Mark or her dream lover, but Mark isn’t what he appears to be. In fact, he’s a fugitive alien from another world and is on Earth for a secret mission. Mark isn't a drunk or a junkie, he is sick from Earth's air. He needs more nitrogen until he adjusts to Earth's air. Will Dove be able to choose between her dream lover and Mark? Will she be able to help Mark's mission?

A Lick and A Promise was a hugely fun book! Mark came from a planet where sex is a capital crime. From the moment Mark saw Dove, he fell for her and I enjoyed their love affair. Dove was a wonderful character. I was a nanny for several years but I was sorry that I did not have an incredibly sexy man like Mark to make love to me in my dreams. Wow, did Dove's dream lover make intensive love to her. She responded excitedly and I found her passion to be realistic and arousing. The secondary characters were amazing. When you learn who they are, I expect you to fall off your chair laughing as I did. The premise was wonderful and the plot was completely in harmony with the depth of the characters and flew smoothly. A Lick and A Promise is the first book that I have read by Ann Wesley Hardin but I am eager to read another.

Marcy Arbitman
Just Erotic Romance Reviews

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

All Right!!!! Congratulations!!! There is no one more deserving than you.

Yes, you deserve a 6 pack. In fact, why not make it a case. Just remember what Renee said, "You won't get fat or drunk, just stupid"! Having been there a few times myself, I can empathize

September 11, 2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Thanks, Bev! Right now, the stupidity is settling over my brain with a warm, familiar security.

*hic*

September 11, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Renee' said...

Congrats on your review Ann!

I have started doing some reviews for FAR(Fallen Angels Reviews) I hope to get a chance to spot one of yours there.

As for your six pack, well hubby started out with a wonderful "six pack" but these days I would call it more of a keg!

Renee'

September 12, 2007 1:01 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Congrats on the FAR job, Renee! Elizabeth is my favorite reviewer there. She LOVES me. LOL. I wonder if she's still reviewing. Maybe I need to nudge her about ALAP.

September 12, 2007 10:09 PM  
Blogger Charlie Horse said...

This one is going to be first on my list of reviews at my revived blog :)

Yup, I'm back!

Charlie ;)

September 19, 2007 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home