Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thirteen Things I Use Everyday Without Fail




1) A mini, stainless steel colander -- perfect for washing lunchbox portions of fruit and veggies. Yes. My kids take raw veggies of all kinds for lunch. So what?

2) A mini, stainless steel spatula -- great for half-dollar pancakes and a single fried egg. Yes. I make my kids breakfast everyday. So what?

3) A mini, Farberware skillet to cook their breakfast (Yes. I'm seeing a trend here. So what?)

4) A 16oz mason jar for my morning iced coffee. Have you ever used a huge honkin' jar as a drinking glass? You should.

5) Mascara

6) A caliper to measure how far my jawline sagged overnight. Well, at least I would if I had one.

7) A toothbrush. Just thought ya'll should know that.

8) The Powah of Positive Thinking -- I do some sort of affirmation everyday. That's actually why I've committed to making breakfast and lunch for the children everyday for the last fifteen years now. That way, at least I've done one good thing to affirm!

9) Google Calendar reminders. God, how did I live without that before?

10) Three little words: I. Love. You. -- without a doubt, the most important thing I do.

11) A cliche. How can anyone get through the day without one?

12) The ice machine. There's no cure for my ice addiction. I checked.

13) Comedy. To make someone--anyone--laugh. I was preprogrammed at the factory to self-destruct if I don't.


1. Gabrielle

2. Heather

3.
You're next!
This site is using auto-links. If you are participating in Thursday Thirteen, enter your name and URL in the form below and press Enter.
Your name:
Your URL:
Please leave a comment after linking... Thank you!
And have you read about Mister Linky's new features?

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

I think it's great that you make breakfast and lunch for your kids everyday. When they're older it's so easy to tell them to fix it themselves.

I have a huge honkin' thermal mug for ice water. After my morning coffee fix, I start in on the water. Could never get into iced coffee.

September 27, 2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

My problem is that I can't get off iced coffee. And I use half-n-half in it. One time I bought fat-free half-n-half by mistake and lost three pounds in a week. I kid you not.

Water is so much better.

September 27, 2007 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home