Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?

Bad Boys! Bad Boys!

Staples on the silver screen and in romance novels, the bad boy curls our toes. He's witty, he's wicked and he's dangerous. He might use you and toss you away. Or, he might go down on his knees before your womanly charms and stay a bad boy -- but your bad boy -- forever.

Is it this risk that's so attractive? A man might get his adrenaline highs from sky-diving, racing, or football. But a woman, relationship oriented as she is, often goes straight to the bad boy for her chemical thrills.

Let's take a closer look at some types of Bad Boys in their Natural Environments:

Here's an example of the Suave Bad Boy -- This one you can freely approach and flirt with. Go ahead and touch him! He'll relish the encounter because The Suave Bad Boy isn't easily frightened. Blessed with overblown self-assurance and oodles of experience, he knows he can get rid of you anytime he wants!


Here is the Wounded Bad Boy -- Shhhh. Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. You don't want to scare him. This Bad Boy suffers from either My Momma Done Me Wrong or Wah My First Girl Hurt Me syndrome, or both. He needs your soft, consistent help and healing touch. But you'll only get one chance. Make one wrong move and he's outta there!


And here's an example of the Just Plain Bad Bad Boy. He visits with his aging parents regularly -- every Saturday at the State Penitentiary! He's wary, he's sly, can't tell truth from a lie. He's irredeemable but that won't stop you from trying to save him. He just needs your luuuurv!

So tell us, who's your favorite bad boy? What type thrills you in a book or in real life? If you stumbled on one would you turn tail and run, or would you dare to take the risk? Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lyn Cash said...

Have been catching up reading your posts - loved the one on King Tut & Philly - makes me wanna go there.

Anyway, back to this one. George Clooney is definitely at the top of my list of hunks to just watch (and listen to - love that man's voice).

In a book, I can take Alpha really well. Better than I can Betas.

In real life, Bad Boys are a pain in the ass, but it seems I always wind up with one (or a gay one who is an Alpha Bitch, simply because he's fun to shop with). It's sick, I know, but I usually have a lot of Tears & Tiaras or a lot of the Whips & Chains types.

September 19, 2007 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

My favorite bad-boy shot is at the opening of Magnum, P.I. The look on Tom Sellecks face as he carries the chick out of the surf is priceless (he is zeroing in on her ass).

As for bad boys in real life I have known a few, messed with a few and was even engaged to one for a brief period of time. Theyr'e fun but not long-term material.

September 19, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Renee' said...

Red Rover, Red Rover, Lyn send the whips and chains right over!

The Alpha's are my favorites to read and I have been attracted to many of them in life. But just like wearing pearls while mopping the floors and never breaking a sweat, We know the reality is vastly different from the image.

Oh sure they look good and act like every woman's wet dream. But will they wash their own skivvies. I think Not! I would love to have me one them yummy book cover Alpha's, but then I would have to fit him for an electronic ankle bracelet to make sure he isn't marking other territories with his ..... scent!

Give me an affable man any day. They may be lacking in the Physical traits of the Alpha but they make up for it in imagination. I am sure all ole George has to do these days is just lay there to make a woman happy!


Renee'

September 20, 2007 2:27 AM  
Blogger Renee' said...

See ya'll next week. I am trekking to the western part of the state, Pittsburgh to be exact. To watch my looney mother re-live her youth by marrying her high school sweetheart.YUK! Have a great weekend!

September 20, 2007 2:31 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Renee, we'll miss you. Wah!

Been thinking about my small collection of bad boys. I had a handful in college and grad school, and most of them were just cowards at heart. They'd make dates with me, I'd show up, they wouldn't. Can you imagine that? Drove me nuts. I'd ream them out next time I saw them, they'd charm me into a second chance. Then be no-shows again! Hate to admit it took me waaaay too long to catch on.

But then there was this one...

I'd known him in HS, we'd been friends. Met up with him again in grad school and we became adult friends. He rode a motorcycle, had a corvette. Looked like Robert Redford. A free spirit in the extreme.

I never questioned how he'd gotten these sweet rides. I was such a dumbass. But when he started hustling me out of restaurants without paying the bill, I kinda caught on.

Now, at that time I was practically a career waitress. So skipping out on the bill hit me in a deep place. It was his fatal move and I cut him off without a word of explanation (yeah, yeah. I was immature too). He tried a few more times then dropped outta sight.

Wouldn't mind seeing him again now, though.

September 20, 2007 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home