Sunday, September 09, 2007

What's in His Kiss?

More and less than we think.

In a groundbreaking study, the brilliant folks at SUNY discovered that men and women have different reasons for kissing. Apparently, women use kissing to bond emotionally with their partner, while men use kissing to get laid.

Knock me over with a feather. I wish they'd give me a fat grant to perfom one of these studies.

Seems the swapping of spit also passes all sorts of information back and forth -- like the health and fertility of your partner -- and it transfers testosterone into the woman's mouth so she'll become more aroused. That fact alone should have every man on the planet smooching up a storm.

But first, he has to know how to do it.

Another shocking finding was that a lousy first kiss can kill a woman's attraction on the spot. Therefore, it would behoove men to read this and this and this. But alas and alack, some men still refuse to suck face with their SOs, possibly because they fear intimacy.

Although some advice columnists think a woman should accept a lip-lockless life if her partner has other good qualities, or because it's just not done in nature once initial courtship has ended, I say, if this fellow can do it, so can those men.



Now there's a panty dampener -- and not necessarily the good kind.

As for what's in his kiss, some things are better left unknown.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Renee' said...

You know, that is one of the elements that draws me to Romance novels. The kiss! the build up to the Kiss.Be it tender, passionate, dominate,or bittersweet, the kiss lays the groundwork for how we feel about the characters.

Famous movie kisses, form Clark Gable's passionate take charge clench in Gone With The Wind, to Andrew McCarthy's tender, emotional embrace in Pretty in Pink where he held Molly Ringwalds face in his hands. The kiss can either be the lead up to, or the final climatic moment.

I am a sucker for a great kiss!
Renee' .

September 10, 2007 3:09 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Same! Same, oh same! I've been the recipient of one of those great, face grabbing passionate smackers and the only thing that tops it (sex aside) is reading about one in a romance novel.

Let's hear it for the KISS!

September 10, 2007 5:30 AM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

How about the slowly soulful, lips brushing clinging, nibbley kiss which starts with intense searching glances. *sigh*

September 10, 2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

I'm gettin' goosebumps all over me body. Maybe I should write about this stuff ;)

September 10, 2007 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

You guys are talking about the great kisses which are wonderful but what about the not so great: The guy that kisses like a gaping goldfish, the guy that wants to play "tonsil hockey" on the first date and don't forget the guy that croaks like a frog but will never turn into a prince. If we're talking about kisses, we have to take the good with the baaaaad!

September 10, 2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

I never dated a croaker but I once dated a guy who clucked.

Yes. It's true.

My father set me up with him because according to dad, he was a good catch -- he owned a few Wendy's. My dad always had admiration for franchise owners. Hey, they were a new fangled thing back then.

Anyway, this dapper fellow told me he was going to take me out for lobster. Oh goody! He showed up in a suit, and a diamond pinky ring (I kid you not) proceeded to complain the whole night about how much money he was spending on me, and in between all the complaints and bites of food, he clucked his tongue. Continuously.

"So, Ann," *cluck* "I can't believe you're making me *cluck* pay this much for a date." *cluck*

"Well, asshole. You were the one who suggested lobster."

*cluck*

"You didn't have to agree." *cluck*

Thankfully, he didn't try to cluck in my mouth. I'd have clocked him. LOL.

September 10, 2007 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

You could have always said, "Let's get the "flock" outta here"!

September 11, 2007 12:41 AM  
Blogger Renee' said...

I have had my share of sloppy "joes" in my time!

The worst was the guy who opened his mouth so wide I thought he would swallow my face.

And then there was the guy with the Gene Simmons tongue,, sigh, I wish I had the balls back then to explain how and where his tongue coule be utilized to its full potential!

Bev, I like to forget those guys ever tainted my mouth with their ineptitude! I much prefer to sit back and remember those who knew what to do and how to do it.

All the while I sit there with a wistful look on my face as hubby Screams "Score" as the Flyers or Eagles or whatever team is in season take the lead. Damn I wish he would get that excited, pay that much undivided attention, Or yell that loud when he scores with me! hehe

Renee'

September 11, 2007 3:29 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

You could have always said, "Let's get the "flock" outta here"!

Thanks to you, my computer screen is now speckled with iced coffee.

September 11, 2007 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home