Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Observations

So I went to a couple of parties this weekend. I've been getting out away from the computer, having fun, meeting new people and making some friends along the way. Here are a few things I learned that I wish I could teach people:

1) If you're an older, dweeby rich guy with no looks but tons of young babes who are after you for your money, when they text message you, tell them you're busy. Then be busy.

2) If you're a single, older woman trying to meet men, don't look all sad, subdued and poor me. No one wants to make you happy.

3) No matter how old you are or what you look like, if you're having fun on the dance floor, everyone--young and old--will want to dance with you.

4) You can pretty much tell right away who you'll want to be friends with, and most of that has to do with, er, friendliness. Is that concept, like, lost?

5) Mom was right. A smile truly is the only makeup anyone really needs.

6) Young people appreciate and even relish advice from older people as long as you acknowledge their POV and let them know you're on their side.

7) If you're a man, don't cut in on another man's game. Wait your turn.

8) Don't borrow someone's jacket, wear it to a bar, then forget about it.

9) A bride's presence, anywhere, brightens everyone's day.

10) So does a cute girl in a patent-leather cop outfit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Horse said...

Great observations Ann! So I take it lots of guys were fighting to dance with you and cutting each other in line for the right to do so ;)

October 22, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Charlie! You're a mind reader too?

*gg*

October 22, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger Kris Starr said...

You are SO right... 'specially #2 and #3. And, well, #10. But only if I get to be the girl in the cop outfit.

Hehehehe.

What, is that so wrong??

ps. **waves** Hey, Charlie!! :)


http://krisstarr.com/blog

October 29, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger DivineShadow218 said...

Thats is some useful advice, but... some of it is easier said then done. BTW... I am never lending you my jacket. Ha ha.

October 31, 2007 2:03 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Kris -- the cop outfit would've been so you!

Oh Divine One -- True. I don't think anyone's day would be brightened by seeing you as a bride. And I reckon my jacket borrowing days are long gone in your household. Except for maybe from Domino. I always wanted that Cruella DeVille look...

October 31, 2007 5:22 AM  
Blogger DivineShadow218 said...

I would like to add something that would tie into #2, 3, and 4 pretty well. HAPPINESS IS BEST WHEN SHARED!!

There are a few people in my life right now that I would really like to share with what happiness I have, but sometimes, on occasion, someone misreads the jester as something that it really isn't. Don't you hate that!!

November 02, 2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Yeah, I hate it, but most people can only filter things through their own experiences. This can change over time, though. One of my favorite issues to explore in books is what's said vs what's heard. It's a universal problem.

Not entirely applicable here, but your comment reminds me of one of my favorite quotes (yeah, I'm a quote whore):

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are ~ Anais Nin

November 02, 2007 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home