Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hacking Made Easy




And I didn't even have to invent a contraption like that one. No no. All I had to do was spend four or five hours fiddling with my antique Linksys router, open up a few connections at a time and wait, wait, wait for my weak-ass antennae to catch a wave on one of them.

The good news: once they get primed, they work fabulously. The bad news, it takes about 20 mins from start up to prime them. If the computer goes to sleep, it starts all over again. Kinda reminds me of the olden days, waiting for a page to load on our 2 gig dialup. I could take a shower then run to the library and back before it loaded.

Ah well. At least I can surf in the comfort of my own apartment now while waiting for the fios guy to blaze in.

*hack hack*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home