Friday, February 08, 2008

OK, So...

I've taken the plunge and joined an online dating service. As you can imagine, I'm completely honest about myself, my weirdnesses...everything. I've even posted a selection of pics ranging from everyday, cute moment, to glam. Hey, I really, truly DO NOT want to spend time with anyone who doesn't appreciate me for WHO I AM. Been there and done that to death. Okay, 'nuff said.

Man have I gotten some entertaining responses! Who knew so many strange men were out there, right in my widdle iddy biddy town! This is like a fiesta.

Ole!

Anyway, aside from the back-n-forth emails with guys who'll never actually show up for a date (they don't realize they expose themselves immediately -- hey, I know how to read between lines) and the guys who asked me to be friends with benefits (uh, you're not my friend and I see no benefit...) so far there've been drinks with an aerobatic pilot -- fantastic guy, incredibly accomplished and so fun to talk with.

Tomorrow it's on to a newly published author who might be stopping in here on the blog at any time. He just got picked up by St. Martin's Minotaur, writing about, and I quote: "Drug addled dipshits in peril"... Does he sound like my kinda person or what? More pimpage on his books later.

And then Monday it's drinks with an engineer who looks and acts like he should be tooling around in the General Lee.

Arriba! Arriba!

Andale!

But, I'm having an attack of conscience here. D'ya think I should warn these poor, unsuspecting fools, er, guys that our exploits might become public fodder?

At least, to some extent?

D'ya??

I dunno. I'm not feeling very charitable at the moment...

More on that later.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

The guys you don't like:: Don't warn 'em! The guys you do like: It's better to let them know. If he/they still like you after the warning, he/they could be winner(s)!

I don't know how you had the nerve to join an online dating service. I could never do it but I'm a wimp. Good luck!

February 09, 2008 1:27 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Good plan, Bev! I can make fun of the dweebs who won't know who I am anyway, and for DIP (dipshits in peril), I can pimp his book.

As for the online dating thing, I've made so many long term friendships online with other authors, I feel completely comfortable with it. It's an odd thing, but you can pick up alot about people through the printed word.

People think they can adopt a fake persona, but the words they choose, the way they structure them, and a couple of pointed questions will always out them. I can usually tell immediately who's genuine and who's not. So, I'm not worried!

February 09, 2008 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

I didn't look at the whole picture as you did. You probably have a pretty good Bullshit Meter by now! I have a tendency to cast a jaundiced eye at a problem when there really isn't a problem. Keep us in the loop.

February 09, 2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home