Sunday, February 10, 2008

Drink Addled Dipshits and Overnight Success

Had a great time with DIP last night. So good, in fact, he brought me flowers today, took me out for chicken tikka masala and we have plans to go bowling next week! But that's not what I'm gonna talk about.

What I'm gonna talk about is how despite being cute, hilarious, and a writer, I hate his freakin' guts. Here's why.

He finished his first book, attracted a manager in Hollywood who isn't taking new clients but who loves his book so much she's shopping it to the studios, signed with Trident Media and sold to St. Martin's in a two book deal.

All since August.

Yeah. He's the guy we want to kill in his sleep. He knows it too, and believe me, he's looking over his shoulder 24/7. As well he should be.

We went to the local bookshop after lunch and worshipped at the shelf he'll eventually occupy. Mystery is right next to Romance, and I noticed all the copies of my books were gone. It was fun doing geeky writer stuff with him. Despite the fact I hate his guts.

He'd better not bowl a three hundred next week. Not if he knows what's good for him.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

I hope you bowl better than I do. It's been so long since I've been on the lanes, I don't think I could even keep score anymore.

Good news that your books sold out! Tell 'em to order more!

This guy sounds like a fun date (except for the book deals and the movie deal).

February 12, 2008 6:29 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Bev, the scoring is all automatic now. It has been a long time since you bowled.

I'm hating DIP more and more. Tonight we went to the coffee shop and wrote together for a couple of hours. We made a deal. He'll be totally into me and I can tell him to get lost anytime I want.

He also let me read a little of his second book. I'd be impressed if it wasn't for the possible movie deal.

What's up with that?

February 12, 2008 9:53 PM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

It's beginning to sound a leetle dangerous...'ware

February 13, 2008 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

I can't wait for the next update!

February 13, 2008 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home