Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Extra -- Oh Those Amazing Love Lines!

The other night I told DIP, "You had me at drug addled dipshits in peril."

This reminded me of all the other fabulous quotes from RomComs past. So in keeping with the holiday spirit, let's relive some of the best in comments! Post your favorite "love lines" from movies, romance novels, dates, anything!

I'll start with a quote from The Thin Man:

Nora Charles: Take care of yourself

Nick Charles: Why, sure I will.

Nora: Don't say it like that! Say it as if you meant it!

Nick: Well, I do believe the little woman cares.

Nora: I don't care! It's just that I'm used to you, that's all.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

We'll always have Paris".
-Casablanca-

February 14, 2008 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charade -
Audrey Hepburn: I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else.
Cary Grant: Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know.

The Apartment -
Jack Lemmon: Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise."--

And here's one about Annie:

As Good As It Gets -
Jack Nicholson: I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and…how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me."--

DIP

February 15, 2008 9:40 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

OK, well, yeah.

Now that just makes me cry...

February 15, 2008 9:46 PM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

*whoosh*
All the air has left my body...

February 16, 2008 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home