Saturday, March 08, 2008

Beyond Monopoly -- Parlor Games with The Hardins

Child number two is a funny one. She has an extremely high verbal intelligence and even before she could talk she'd get it if I made a pun or engaged in any kind of word play. So I always do those things with her because it's so satisfying and hilarious and it's one of my favorite pastimes.

Thus, the other night while I was texting with DIP, and she asked me where he was, she prefaced it with, "Give me a hint."

Let the games begin!

I was prepared for her to get my hint right away because to me it was so obvious. I replied, "He's in a state that's never had sex."

Can you guess which state that might be?

Child number two thought a moment and said, "New Jersey."

Hahaha! I can see why she'd think that but, nope.

"Tennessee?"

Nope.

"I know, Florida!"

Heeheehee. Nope.

"Then where? What do you mean by it's never had sex? New Jersey never had sex. I don't think Florida has either. How can a state have sex?"

Where had her high verbal intelligence gone? I was beginning to get worried.

I said, "What do you call someone who's never had sex?"

She stared at me. "Oh, hahahaha! Hahahaha! Virginia. Hahahaha!"

Finally!

And what kind of games do you play with your children?


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home