Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keepin' It In The Family

Writers really need to date other writers. This has become clear to me over the past few weeks. Even if me and DIP don't work out, and God knows we might not, you won't find me cozying up to doctors, lawyers or engineers anytime soon.

And truthfully, once they learn what I'm really like -- and what I write -- doctors, lawyers and engineers mostly just drop into a black hole anyway. They vaporize. Like some giant dwarf star came along and sucked them right in.

It's so funny. As if they think I am what I write. And it says alot, alot about them that they're so frightened of it they'd rather self combust than have a drink or go to a movie with me -- or even meet me for God's sake. Who knows what'll happen to them if they breathe my carbon dioxide.

Then along comes DIP, a writer himself. He writes about drug addled dipshits in peril, and in his past he might've been a drug addled dipshit in peril. But I knew he wasn't now. Geez. And he knew I wasn't some sex starved maniacal woman (though he might've hoped) or worse, a rainbows and lollipop romantic.

Writers just get that shit about each other. We don't freak each other out. One person's weeping pussy is another's arterial spray.

I love being able to walk into our local coffee group, The Liars Club, and announce what I do without fear of judgment. One member mentioned he'd read about a woman who wrote Equestrian Erotic Romance. He asked, "Does that make it UnDressage?"

That's the sort of fun, initial reaction you get from other writers. Then it's business as usual. Yup, incest is best. I'm keepin' it in the family!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Bev Stephans said...

Here is my doggerel for the day!

Our heroine Ann in her day
Said DIP is having his say
Keep your weeping pussy
I find it too wussy
I far prefer arterial spray

Hey, I never said I was a writer of poetry.

April 11, 2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

I'm DYIN' here.

Also feeling to urge to host a limerick week!

You're priceless, Bev.

April 11, 2008 8:12 PM  
Blogger Charlie Horse said...

You mean all you chick lit writers don't actually live sex-crazed lives? Come on Anne you're killing the fantasy!

By the way what's the name of that Erotic Equestrian Romance novel your buddy mentioned ;)

April 11, 2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hey Charlie! I don't know the name of it but the next time I see him I'll ask for ya. I thought of you when he mentioned it, btw.

April 12, 2008 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Kris Starr said...

Heh. Let me know if you do decide to do limerick week/day/whatever, chica.

I'd pimp you on my blog and join in, too.

(By the way... huge *hugs* to you and FabDame...)

Hey Charlie! Long time, no see! ;)

April 12, 2008 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Unk said...

Date... Who's got time to date? Geez.

Unk

April 12, 2008 5:53 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Hey Kris, I'll definitely let you know!

Unk, no one has time. LOL. We just snatch an hour or two here and there. DIP is worth my while, so far...

April 13, 2008 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Unk said...

Ann,

Glad to hear it... I knew you liked DIP.

Unk

April 14, 2008 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, kid, there's an awful lot of that "if DIP doesn't work out" stuff in here.

Makes a guy feel a little insecure.

Is it the beard? I said I'd shave!

April 16, 2008 3:33 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Just keepin' you on your toes. Hehe.

April 16, 2008 5:13 AM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

One person's weeping pussy is another's arterial spray.

Words to live by, Ann. Words to live by. :-)

April 16, 2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

LMAO!

April 16, 2008 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home