Saturday, May 03, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Whenever anyone dies in my family, I usually have a dream about them at some point down the road. Just one dream, and always a sweet one. I await these mental encounters with great anticipation. They mean so much to me.

The dream about my dad came three months after he passed. My brothers were six months and two years, respectively.

The other night I had my Denali dream. It was an interesting one. She was standing there on a leash and I noticed her head looked strange. Eventually I realized she had a stainless steel mask over her head and that it had been there for a long time. I removed the mask and there were wounds underneath it. I stroked away the wounds and she came over to me and leaned her forehead against mine, obviously thrilled to be free of her "iron mask". We nuzzled, she gazed happily, thankfully, into my eyes, and then I woke up.

Cool, huh?

Over the years, I've come to believe these dreams are messages from my loved ones that they've reached their final destination and that they are ok.

Have you ever received messages from the ether? Don't you appreciate it when folks you love let you know they got home safely?

Thanks Denali. You're a good dog.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

I never really thought about any of that but about six months ago, my cat had some kittens. I was lucky to give them all to really good homes except for two of them...

Mole and Marbles.

Mole looked like a friggin' mole when she was born. Marbles was a beautiful Calico. She picked me right away to be her human.

Now I'm not even a cat person... I just ended up helping someone out and that's how I got the original cats that eventually had kittens. *NOTE: I had appointments to get both Mommies spayed but they had kittens before the appointment and I couldn't bring myself to have the kittens aborted.

So when Mole and Marbles got old enough, I made them appointments to get spayed. I took them together because they were best friends and of course sisters.

Mole came out fine and was normal when I got her home... Marbles on the other hand, experienced problems from the get-go. It was like she was in shock when I brought her home.

I found Marbles out by the pool the next morning... This cat would literally jump from the ground up on my back so she could ride while I walked. I never had an animal love me that much.

About a week after she died, I finally went to sleep after a marathon night of working late. I laid down and after a few minutes, closed my eyes but I wasn't even really that sleepy. Just exhausted.

All of a sudden, I felt Marbles jump on top of my stomach. It was that same old familiar feeling of her jumping on my stomach because she did it all the time.

I was exhausted so for just a split second, I forgot that she'd died. I laughed and reached out to scratch her behind the ears but she wasn't there... I sat up, startled.

I remembered. She wasn't there but the weight was STILL there.

Then she jumped off. I felt those same familiar rear feet push against my right thigh as she jumped.

A feeling of complete WARMTH came over me. One of those feelings that I JUST KNOW. I don't care what anyone else says or thinks... I just know.

Sometimes you just KNOW.

Unk

May 03, 2008 8:33 PM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

You do know!

A couple of days before this dream I was walking through my apartment, and I swear to God I saw her following me out of the corner of my eye. Just for a nano second. But she was there. I felt her, too.

I've had other little things happen. So has FabDame. We're believers. Good to know you are too, Unk. Makes you even more alish.

May 04, 2008 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home