Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who's a Dexter Fan?


So one of the myriad reasons I've been absent from the blog lately is a phenomenon that's sweeping the nation: Dexteritis.

Possibly the most brilliantly original premise to come down the pike ever -- a serial killer who's a blood spatter expert for the police. Oh how I wish I thought of that.

I watched season one on Netflix in about three days, read the first two books, and am currently eating the third book while waiting for season two to come available.

Have to say I'm enjoying the Showtime version almost more than the books -- something that rarely, if ever, happens. The only beef I have with the show *spoiler alert* is that Rita's children aren't little sociopaths too. I miss Dexter mentoring them. It just appeals to the blackest, burnt and crispy side of my soul when he does that.

Does that make me a bad person? Does that make you a bad person?

Is there a little Dexter in all of us?

Do you have Dexteritis, too?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

I've got it.

My favorite television show which is especially funny since I don't watch television.

Unk

July 19, 2008 9:52 PM  
Anonymous jane/fabdame said...

I was drawn to Dexter at first. We watched the first season. Towards the end of that season, it became too dark a place for me. I can't handle it when they carry on conversations with the victims (even if they're BAD people) right before they're "tortured" and killed. I'm a Wimp - I know.

July 20, 2008 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Doug said...

We love him. Can't wait for Season Three to get going.

The end of season two was a bit annoying, though, since we felt Dexter stretched (and possibly violated) his code. They'd set things up well for it, but I think if he loses the code, he stops being quite as interesting a character.

July 21, 2008 12:04 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Unk, I don't watch TV either! Hence the membership to Netflix. I'm also enjoying old episodes of The Office.

Jane, yeah, it can get a little rough now and then. The dismembered parts were tough on my gag reflex.

Doug, I haven't watched season two yet so stop right there! I definitely hope he doesn't break his code. It *is* one of his defining characteristics and one of those little attributes that makes him so richly original.

July 21, 2008 8:09 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I'm guilty - please don't murder me!

Can't wait for season 3...we'll have Dexter parties! Yay!

July 29, 2008 1:24 AM  
Blogger Ann Wesley Hardin said...

Meg!

*tackle hug*

It's about time you opened your yap!

We should serve theme food on Dexter night. How about Chopped liver, shredded cheese, sliced veggies...

This is going to be great!

July 29, 2008 8:03 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Yes! Theme food...finger steaks... hearts of romaine salad...
I'm all over it!

August 06, 2008 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home